5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before the New YearDecember 5, 2016
Loving Your Content in 2017February 10, 2017
Happy 2017! The year has started and undoubtedly business is back to normal after the holiday rush, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to slow down. Looking ahead, your business not only needs to be better, more in tune with your consumers, and at the top of your game with technology, but businesses also need to be on the cusp of embracing new platforms to ensure they stay current. We’ve gathered our top 5 trends to watch out for in 2017 when evaluating your marketing strategies.
- Instant gratification: In the age of Snapchat, Instagram Stories, and Musical.ly your business needs to keep up with the conversation, especially if your products and services are geared towards millennials. Gone are the days when customers are willing to wait for “business hours” to have their questions and concerns answered. One way to ensure your business is in direct contact with potential consumers is to have a dedicated team monitoring all of your social media channels and emails. Most people are doing their online shopping and research after business hours so that is the best time to capitalize on new leads.
- Engaging Content: 2016 was all about the visual but 2017 is about interaction and gamification. Engage consumers with fun content such as interactive quizzes, polls, and contests. Find fun ways to reach potential leads without making them feel they are being “pitched” and your bottom line will thank you.
- Brand Ambassadors: According to Neilson, “84% of consumers say they either completely or somewhat trust recommendations from family, colleagues, and friends about products – making these recommendations the information source ranked highest for trustworthiness.” Find an army of passionate customers and then reward them for spreading the word. Companies like Proactiv, Rodan + Fields, and Beautycounter have been employing this strategy for years and have grown leaps and bounds because of it.
- Mobile Friendly: In 2017 having a mobile friendly website is no longer a suggestion, it is a requirement and we don’t mean just having your website optimized for mobile. You need to have content that is specifically geared towards mobile users and is extremely user friendly as more visits are from mobile devices than anywhere else. Mobile specific coupons and mobile apps are great ways to entice your customers to take advantage of your mobile strategies.
- Mobile Video: Once your mobile strategy is in place it’s time to focus on mobile video. Shooting engaging videos about your products or services are the best way to reach potential customers. According to Aberdeen’s latest research report, “marketers who are using video are seeing 49% faster growth in revenue.”
Implementing some of these new strategies can feel like a tall order, but 20/20 Business Solutions can help! To discuss your 2017 marketing plan, give our office a call today at 800-538-0669.